In Fall 2010 Cal and I subjected ourselves to scientific testing. It was all just part of the process. I don't recall the specific results now (2 1/2 years later) but I do know that there were no concerns about my ability to produce eggs or release them. All my hormone levels and whatever else they check for were fine. My "cycle" tended to be longer than average; sometimes varying from 35 to 50+ days. My doctor attributed it to my weight. Wonderful.
Cal on the other hand had to submit a sample (yes, a sample of his swimmers) for analysis.I'll just put this out there...there's absolutely nothing romantic about a man having to "submit a sample" into a cup, then keep it close to his body to keep temperature while he drives to the doctors office. What do you say when you drop of that sample anyway? LOL. His count was sufficient, not extremely high but OK. We were pleased with that. On the flip side we were told that he had some swimmers which were irregular shape and others that were slow swimmers. I couldn't help but think of those "mutants" swimming around aimlessly after their release into the dark tunnel and a bunch of "delayed" and funny looking "guys" calling out to the others, "Come on guys, over here!" Despite their excitement and desperation, thru no fault of their own they were probably just swimming in circles....right turn, right turn, right turn. It was then that I convinced myself that we were going to have to go thru fertility treatment and pray that we didn't end up like Octomom. I thought, what if we end up with quadruplets? I don't even know if I can handle one! I problem solved and decided that if we created a darling baby with an arm growing out of it's head we would lovingly turn him/her over to our good friend who was desperately waiting for a child of her own. Problem solved! My friend would chuckle and say, "Why do I get the one with the arm coming out of the forehead?" My response was, "cause that baby needs to be loved too and you could provide that!" All kidding aside doctors lectured Cal about diet and a healthy lifestyle which didn't include cigarettes. We made a pact with each other and forged forward.