So, over the past two weeks, well, since the IUIs on July 18th and 19th, SOOO much has been going through my mind. Calvin tells me I'm a hypochondriac because every ache, pain, twinge, you name it, I was trying to decide if it was pregnancy related, or the humidity on the East coast, aches from the horrible beds at our vacation cottage in Maine or countless hours of traveling...I just didn't know.
Here's what happened...
We made an impromptu trip to Oregon the weekend following the insemination despite expert opinions not to take road trips. We stopped along the way, I stretched, made sure to drink water, and had a nice time.
On Wednesday, July 25, the 5 year anniversary of losing my dad, we flew to Maine. Again I thought, "Should I be doing this? Should I be traveling?" We got a hammock, and a fire pit and made new memories with the Geller family. I went to my dad's tombstone twice while we were there. I felt close to the Pettey family, as I had hoped to. I relaxed. I thought about what I was eating and drinking and referred to my "Maybe baby" all week.
A couple of nights at the cottage I had night sweats and chills. I thought, "Great, now I'm getting sick." I had funny twinges in my lower abdomen and several pains that stopped me in my tracks. My whole abdomen felt like I had done 100 sit ups...not painful, but just "sore." Again, I thought to myself, "You're just thinking this up." It probably didn't help that I checked about 15 different websites for "early pregnancy signs" and I was going through a check list in my mind. All the while, I'd tell myself, "Just stop thinking about it. You're going to make yourself crazy. There's nothing you can do but wait." I counted DPO (days past ovulation), I wondered if I had missed signs of conception or implantation. I read about what other people had gone through on a ton of different website forums and compared all their symptoms to my made up symptoms in my mind. I wanted to be them. Seriously, I was driving myself crazy.
I noticed walking through the airport, or on a little jaunt that I was getting winded easily. Not to mention having to point out every pregnant woman I saw....anywhere! I also noticed (sorry if this is TMI), that I was so constipated it was actually painful. Cal thought it was funny and made it a point to check in with me after every visit to the bathroom. So supportive. : )
So, there you have it. Pregnancy symptoms or a hypochondriac's nightmare?
Sunday night, 8/5. We decided to take a pregnancy test. I couldn't wait till Monday when I was supposed to go in for a blood test at the fertility center (prearranged before the vacation unless I had my monthly cycle).
Before the "big reveal" let me preface this by saying that when I started this blog (not this particular entry, but the entire blog of our process) I thought to myself how I would share results. Would I share results? What if I share something positive and it turns out not viable in the end? I've learned from friends not to get TOO excited because early in the game, anything can happen. I wondered who, if anyone would care or who would be disappointed with us if it was negative. Would anyone continue on this journey with us if it was negative and we went through it all again? I decided I would wait for the result and make up my mind. So, the result is in and I've made up my mind...no matter what happens.
August 6, 2012- Blood test
Dear Mom and Dad in Heaven...you are finally grandparents!